Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mission Team Arrives in Brasil

Post by Brant Marston


This is the first post to our mission trip blog and what an experience it has already been. During my three days in Manaus Brazil, I stayed with a friend and learned firsthand about the life and culture of the people. Due to rainy weather on Wednesday and the long travel, I was not able to attend the church service of the church we built last year, but I have a new respect for my friend who has been teaching the youth there. Since we built that church last year, he has been traveling two times a week, which each visit consists of 4 different bus transfers, 2 hours travel(one-way), and approximately $20 US. On Friday night, I met up with the rest of the team from FBC Wichita Falls. We made made it Limoeiro do Norte on saturday and got settled in our hotel.

No comments: