Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Day of Work

Post by Brant Marston

Sunday was our first day of work. We headed out to the work site around 7:30 am. When we arrived, there was a foundation laid and supports for a roof. Our mission is to brick all of the outside walls and put on the roof. After a time of prayer, most of us began laying brick while Dave and Dean were busy putting on the roof. The roof is important in the beginning, because it provides shade to lay the brick.






During the lunch break, we shared testimony among the mission group and then we went out into the community. This was a great time to meet the Brasilians, pray for them and invite them to the church dedication ceremony on Wednesday night. On this day, we even had the opportunity to share about Christ with a gentleman.

The weather was very nice today. We were able to make significant progress on the walls and roof of the church. We finished work for the day at 4 pm and then had dinner back at the hotel.



Helena and Jill laying brick




Sunday night, we went to the church service at the 2nd Igreja Batista (Baptist Church)...this is the congregation that we are building the church for. They meet in a garage that can barely hold all of its members. We had an awesome time of worship. Their congregation even sang us a special song. The mission team lead one worship song, "Shout to the Lord." I was asked to share a little bit of my testimony with the church. To try and connect with the people, I shared a few sentences in Portuguese and then I used our translator. Chuck Conner, the man who founded CMU mission organization, give a short, but powerful invitation. Two ladies came forward and accepted Chirst as their savior.




This is the garage where congregation currently meets


Worship service with congregation in their garage on Sunday night

Praises: God got each of us here safely, significant progress was made on the building, two ladies accepted Jesus as savior

Prayer: Protect each of us with safety at the work site, give each of us strength to endure the physical work, speak through us in our testimonies to reach the people of Limoeiro

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone--

We are so glad you all made it there safely, and that you all seem to be off to a great start! We are praying for you every day--for safety, health, and your Kingdom building!! That's awesome that you have already seen two ladies come forward to accept Christ! Thank you so much for posting these blogs (with pictures!), so we can see and hear about your daily activities. I'm sure you're all exhausted after working all day, but we really appreciate the updates! We'll keep praying for you, and we're excited to see how God is using you and your willingness to serve Him in such a significant way!!
Love,
Chris & Stacia Hansard :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,

It is so good to know that you all arrived safely. I am praying for your safety, rest and strength, and salvations. Wow, already two salvations, that's awesome! Thank the Lord! I know God is blessing each one of you for what you are doing for Him in Brasil! Many are praying for you!
Love,
Natalie Dilli
P.S. A special "I Love You" to my sweet husband Jimmy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad! I'm so glad things are going well. I was in Wichita Falls on Saturday for Shannon's baby shower so mom told me about your travel plans to get there. I am praying for you. Our church has a team in Mexico right now. It's great to see God's work being done all over the world! Love you and see you soon!!!!!!
Lauren

Shelley said...

Hi Uncle Dean! Lauren let us know about the blog. I am praying for your safety and for God's incredible power to shine through you and your group as you do His great work! The building looks great! Love you!
Shelley

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am amazed at all that has occured since I read the last blog entry. You have been busy! I'm so proud of this team. I'm praying that the Lord will keep you safe, healthy, and happy! I hope your joy will draw attention from the people of Brazil. They will want to know what you have. I'm sure of it. I'm also sure that you will all have the same answer. I'm so jealous of you! I'm trying to keep it at a Godly level. Ha! Really, I'm so happy for you; and I will continue to participate through prayer. I love the pictures! Thank you for keeping us posted.
Love,
Amanda Segler

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Brant!!!
We love your web site and all the pictures. It sounds like you all have been very busy and we know the people of Brasil will be proud of their church. We pray for you all every night.
Love ya
Shalea and Brittney